- The biggest energy user in your home is heating and cooling. Heating and cooling can account for up to 40% of your monthly electric bill. Therefore, adjusting the thermostat just a few degrees can really save energy and money.
- Your refrigerator should be set at 37°F. If a refrigerator is too cold, excess energy is being used. If it is too warm, food may spoil.
- CFL’s use 75% less energy than incandescent bulbs.
- 1 hour
- Water heating can account for 15-20% of your household energy usage. The recommend temperature setting on a water heater is 120°
- ENERGY STAR® is a label for energy efficiency for homes and household appliances.
- Laptops use 90% less energy than desktop computers.
Our Built and Natural Environments
16 hours ago